The TelecomFinance awards recognise the leading banks and deals of 2013. They were announced at the awards ceremony on the evening of Thursday 30th January 2014 at the TelecomFinance 2014 Conference.
We would like to thank our awards sponsor Merrill Datasite for their support.
The winners of the TelecomFinance Bank of the Year Awards are:
- EMEA M&A Bank of the Year by US$ Deal Value
- J.P. Morgan
- EMEA M&A Bank of the Year by Number of Deals
- Morgan Stanley
- EMEA Bond Bank of the Year by US$ Deal Value
- J.P Morgan
- EMEA Bond Bank of the Year by Number of Deals
- Deutsche Bank
- 2013 EMEA Loan Bank of the Year by US$ Deal Value
- Credit Suisse
- 2013 EMEA Loan Bank of the Year by Number of Deals
- BNP Paribas
The Awards for the TelecomFinance Deals of the Year go to:
- Europe Deal of the Year
- Liberty Global’s acquisition of Virgin Media for US$23.3bn
- Middle East & Africa Deal of the Year
- Etisalat’s €4.2bn binding offer for Maroc Telecom
- Asia Deal of the Year
- Bharti Airtel’s €750m Eurobond debut
TelecomFinance would like to congratulate all award winners.
How the awards work:
The awards in the M&A, loans and bonds categories are judged on a quantitative basis. Awards by US$ deal value are determined by adding up the value of telecoms deals each bank has worked on during the year. In financing categories the overall value of each transaction is shared equally among all top tier banks on the deal.
Awards by number of deals are determined by counting the number of telecoms transactions each bank has worked on during the year.
For the deals of the year categories, the TelecomFinance editorial team selects a shortlist of the top transactions in three regions – Europe, Middle East & Africa, and Asia. An independent panel of experts votes to determine the winners.
We look forward to the 2015 TelecomFinance Awards in January 2015, recognizing the leading banks and deals of 2014.